Connected home: A small step to a smart home
1. A connected home is a good start to making a home a smart one (IMHO, a smart home is able to predict and act without much of human intervention).
2. A connected home basically allows the user to connect to the devices. This allows the person to turn something on or off. Or perhaps manipulate the device like turn the security camera angle or start/ pause/ stop recording.
3. Most of the time, we just want to be able to turn something on/ off.
4. A simple solution is actually to just have a smart plug/ adaptor.
5. Sadly, these ‘smart appliances’ are not yet at an affordable price. Nor are they really integrated.
6. We can only hope that over the next year or so, companies like XiaoMi can make them more “accessible”
7. Emphasis on being integrated is also required. They should all be manageable by a “brain” like the home router or perhaps from an apps.
8. You can check out some of the connected/ smart products already available: